The Association offers rewards for academic excellence to students at all stages of their accounting studies.
CGA-Canada Awards and Scholarships
CGA Canada recognizes academic excellence for students enrolled in the CGA program through the following awards:
- The highest academic student achievers are recognized in each level with an Award of Excellence scholarship.
- The Encon Group Inc. Public Practice Award scholarship is presented to the student receiving the highest average mark for the first time writing of AU2, FA4, & TX2.
- The Porter Hetu International Award scholarship is presented to the student achieving the highest grade in AU2 and a standing of honours in PA1.
CGA Manitoba Awards and Scholarships
The Certified General Accountants Association of Manitoba Scholarship Trust Fund offers the following awards and scholarships in recognition of academic achievement and service to the public and profession:
- Stephen N. Rosenfield Scholarship Trust Award - Level 1
- ACCPAC International Scholarship Trust Award - Level 2
- Past Presidents Scholarship Trust Award - Level 3
- Kristin Hanson Memorial Award - Foundation Studies Level
- Ceridian Canada Ltd. Scholarship Trust Award - Advanced Studies Level
- Sandra and Grant Kirkup Leadership Award - open to all CGA students
Professional Certification Level
- Investors Group Scholarship Trust Award
- Jim Penner Public Practice Award
- Manitoba Public Insurance Public Sector Award
- West-Can Human Resource Solutions Corporate Sector Award
CGA Manitoba also provides cash/tuition awards to outstanding students in business programs at high schools, colleges and universities across the province.