Mission Statement and Core purpose
Empower members to excel in a changing professional environment.
- Visionary leadership.
- Positive outlook - continuously creating pride in the CGA designation.
- Integrity - evidenced by ethical and credible behavior that is transparent and accountable to members and the public.
- Service excellence – delivering valued services in a supportive environment, where communication, innovation and creativity are hallmarks.
- Committed to the greater good of CGA, the profession, and public – effectively governed and managed, adequately resourced, and socially responsible.
- Fun - an enjoyable experience to work and serve.
- Is the accounting profession’s choice for education, training and career support services;
- Is committed to innovation, member service excellence and advancing the public interest, and;
- Is comprised of the leaders in business and the profession.
The role of The Certified General Accountants Association of Manitoba, described in the vision and mission statements and sanctioned by the CGA Act, includes the determination of qualifications for membership in the Association, continuing professional development of members, and the maintenance of appropriate member standards of professional practice. Since the Association operates under authority delegated by the Legislature, high standards and the public interest are paramount in carrying out this mandate.